I tried listening yesterday while driving but it proved to be too difficult while continually being asked and giving instructions to Elie on how to help Mario save the Princess on her game device or Emma wanting out of her seat and making her feelings known.
Tonight after dinner we were all sitting in the living room when I noticed Emma was in one of her rare content with only Daddy moods. I quietly asked Paul and rushed to the library to find some books. With it being a quick drive I remembered once almost there about Paul's suggestion to listen to the song.
I recognized this tune, this "track 9" as one I've listened to over a hundred times (and honestly 100x is not exaggerating as those closest to me know I have OCD when it comes to some music) I've listened to it in the background of driving or working and enjoyed the sound thoroughly and but never taken the time to truly hear the lyrics. Today I did.
The intro is so soft with piano and when he starts to sing his words are quite hushed so I turned it up to make sure I listen hard to the story.
He's in an a hospital with someone dying and you can tell from his description he's been there a while with many others just waiting. He describes going into the ICU room and watching as this person on a breathing monitor is taking weaker breathes each time.
In the next verse he's in the waiting room with everyone else when he's feeling extreme pain but realizes he'd rather have this death of a loved one be painful so painful than to have never had memories with this person.
The lyrics he wrote hit so many of the emotions Paul and I have experienced in the past couple months of close loved ones dying.
It was the last two lines of the song that are thought provoking and truly make you stop to think.
But I'm thinking of
what Sarah said
that "Love is watching someone die"
...So who's going to watch you die?
I would love for you to not necessarily watch this foreign video of the song but listen and then go ahead and read all the lyrics while he sings. Without the composition of music, the chords repeating along with his voice you truly won't be as well reached by the artist's work imo.
I don't usually get so passionate about songs with others but this song truly explains what so many ppl go through and feel as they watch their special someone die. I think with the recent experience I had with my Aunt dying this month it just hit so close to home and I wanted to share. I couldn't share when I first finished listening to it because once the song ended I was pulling into the library parking lot fighting the emotions. I couldn't enter a library all blotchy faced with strewn mascara and expect no one to notice. So I sat in the car sounding like a little child that's just been scolded and wants to prove they are a big kid by not crying so they fight the urge by rapidly making unintentional short gasps for air to keep in the tears. LOL I did have to laugh of myself.

2 comments:
gonna go check out the song...
Hey Rustie! I'm going to have to check out that song! I'm sorry for the loss of your Aunt. And I promise it does get better. I think I've had almost a week of not crying over grandma. I would literally cry every single day I just miss her SO much. I'm actually kind of relieved to hear you are going through the same thing because I thought I was starting to lose it!! If you want to chat more about it you can email me at EmilyTorres1980@yahoo.com. Love ya & hang in there!!
Post a Comment