Thursday, June 12, 2008

Back In the Saddle Again

Gee was I Miss Doom on the title of my last post. Sheesh. In all fairness I was pretty down things are muchos betteraros. (for those of you who don't speak Spanish with Rustic twain that's much better.)

I just wanted to say thanks to my sistahs who gave me a "deepest condolences".

So this past week has been a very chaotic/fun one. PJ has been attending Cub Scout Day Camp all this week. I've been there as his Den's walking leader 2 days of it. It is so much fun. They do archery, shooting, crafts, carving, etc. Biggest downer is the humidity. EGADS! It's can be horrid!

We got a big shocker last Thursday when it was announced Paul's company Alltel is being bought out by Verizon. With the buyout no one knows whether by the beginning of the year if they'll have a job or not. It's pretty stressful for a lot there which I completely understand but since we don't own this house I feel that whatever happens, happens. Who knows. Maybe it'll be the push we need to go someplace where it does feel right to buy a home. I need roots dangit! Or, at least, I think I do. lol

I have just finished some fantabulous books this past week. With my lack of sleeping since I've been back I was able to read some pretty good ones. "The Blue Sword" by Robin Mckinley has become one of my favorite stories of all time. There's just enough action and dialogue for me. Authors who go on for 10 pages describing the flow of the curtains hanging in the chambermaid's room get quite annoying to me.

The other book I read was Fablehaven. Wonderful book for the entire family to read together. I picked it up because I like to preview before encouraging my 9 year old to read. Okay....that's true but not why I read it. I bought it in Cali because it had a cool cover and I was going out of my mind trying to read a "grown-up" novel. There. Now you have it. hehe I have the attention of a 9 year old. :) Anyhoo, This book is great and makes for a great story to tell your kids at bedtime unless they are wussies and get scared just by the tone of your voice like my kids when you describe the witch in the forrest. hmph. Wusses...the whole lot. :P jk

So I finished some other good books also but these 2 have honestly been the best I've read for awhile.

Speaking of books some gals I know decided to induce my inner geekness and invite me to a get together to discuss the "Twilight" series. Holy Crow. I had a blast. These gals were absolutely fun. We came from every walk of life with all sorts of different backgrounds. It was a lot of fun comparing notes and seeing how people thought. Sadly enough my true self came out and showed how nuts I can be but luckily none of them were scared off and somehow I got all of their email addresses so we can start a book club. I think it'll be a lot of fun.

HAHA! Today was sooo funny. (just waaaaay too much to share since it's been so long since I've posted.) Paul and I were having a lunch date courtesy of my friend watching the girls. While we are sitting there eating, some guy 2 tables away is just blabbing a little louder than the rest of the place and I kid you not when I say he sounded like the "Here's yer sign" comedian. I would not be intentionally listening to his conversation but hearing certain words and would smile and uncontrollably giggle.

How bad is this? I was just pooped after being outside today. We didn't have any leftovers @ home so I had the kids bring capris and dragged them off to BK to get stuff off the Dollar Menu THEN (here comes the bad part) drove to Chili's to get chips and salsa for dinner! How healthy is that?! The worst part was while in the drive thru at BK I called my mom who informed me she was just getting dressed to head to Chili's to pick up a bag of chips and salsa! lol oooo boi....Apple doesn't fall too far, eh? *cry* It's not like this is a common occurrence either. :P

4 comments:

Jesika said...

I'm so glad you're doing better! You sound much chipper in this post!! And, yeah, quite a shocker about the job situation!! Hey, if you need to move back to AZ, we'll welcome you with HUGE OPEN ARMS!!! Just think...family dinner, play dates, new year's eve party!!! Ah, those ARE the days! :o)

saskia said...

Twilight- My daughter is hopelessly in Love with Edward, I'm a Jacob girl myself- I think it happened when he had that hot kiss with Belle, hee hee

Jami said...

As far as the Twilight series, I'm with Saskia, I'm a total Jacob girl myself. I totally thought I was the only one! Love the way your friend thinks! HA HA.

And I have to say, I misread the first line of your last paragraph. I SERIOUSLY (no lie) thought you said you'd just pooped after being outside today. I was like, WOW, that's being really open. HA HA HA. But after I re-read it I noticed my mistake. Whew. HA HA HA. Oh dear.

Rustiroo said...

I have to tell you because when it comes to the series I could embarrassingly go on for hours. We had 11 gals here (there probably would have been 7 more if so many weren't out of town) that got together to discuss anything and everything from the books to the movie. It was hilariously fun and some very inciteful questions. The were only 2 Jacob fans. (the rest like I said we made sure were on vacation..I KID I KID) The best part was everyone having these ideas of what is going to happen in book 4. After dissecting many of their ideas to prove how it wasn't possible they made me diverge against my better judgement what I "know" is going to happen. lol (No I do not have a inside scoop. lol) To me it felt so liberating to finally share my thoughts with someone but I felt so bad at the thought of possibly ruining the ending for them. :P