Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Pinewood Derbies and Birthdays

Well there is one good thing about your 2 year old getting up at 4am and that's being able to make time to blog when you have company. There's noway I can be considered rude for posting while she's asleep! heheh

So let's catch-up! Friday was wonderful! A trip to the docs and I got some antibiotics and a shot of steroids. (I'm feeling MUCH better despite what my scary picture looks like below.) We had 2 trips to the airport to pick up Grandma from Utah and Dad. Big celebrations there. Then we all crashed from exhaustion except for me who was wired from the shot the doctor recommended. I got just a few hours of sleep that night but at least my sinuses were clear! :P Definitely won't take that suggestion again.

We had the Cub Scout Pinewood Derby was on Saturday night. Each boy got to do it 3x and they averaged out the time. PJ came in 4th overall but 1st in our hearts. (aaaw) haha




(Here's our "Where's Waldo" picture of PJ. )


anyhoo...it was a lot of fun for all. Elie was the official cheerleader captain of team PJ. When she wasn't cheering she was a miniature Pied Piper to every small child thanks to her pom poms.

Here's a self portrait of me and my mom at the Derby. We know my mom didn't take it because her arms aren't long enough. HAH! erhm. heh heh Love you Mum!

Yesterday was Elie's birthday and boy was she feeling special. Not only was she older but feeling much taller. Overnight she grew and was excited to reach the bathroom faucet without her tiptoes. On the way to school she proclaimed to Paul how she could now touch the ceiling of his car. Paul called her on it by saying how she's always been able to touch it. She declared, "Yes but I could touch here but now I can touch over here!"

One of her gifts was a Dance Revolution Pad. We all took turns trying it out but only took pics of Elie.



Thank you so much to those of you who called her and sent her a card. She was beaming and feeling like such the big girl.

1 comment:

Jami said...

Brooklin LOVED seeing her Elie on her birthday. Kole's comment was, "I didn't even get to have any of her cake" and was all sad about it. My kids and cake! Brooklin loved Elie's pink pony too! Shocking, I know. :0)

And we played the "Where's PJ" in the pinewood derby picture and both kids got it right away. They thought he was pretty silly with his pose.

And YAY for antibiotics! I'm so glad you're feeling better! And I was shocked but HAPPY to see a picture of you and your mom. She never likes to get her picture taken!! But what a CUTE one it turned out to be. I wonder where you got your brown eyes from...????