Thursday, April 10, 2008

Yin Needs Her Yang

Today has just been one of THOSE days. I'm sure all of you understand completely because there is not a single way to escape them. You just have to take pride in the fact that you defied the Gods and succeeded in surviving.
So I never sleep well when Paul is out of town but last night I was up pretty late watching the news to keep an eye on all the tornado activity. Sometime past 1am a newsdude said we were in the clear and safe for the night. (This was good!) I stopped gawping at the tv and scurried into bed to wake up with a fever(bad) and be under another tornado watch (which until last week was no big deal until you see a path of major destruction left by only an F1 tornado just 3 miles from your house.) So I get my errands done and came home in hopes of catching a teeny weeny nap while Emma watched Signing Time. A few minutes later I jolted up to the tornado sirens which means there's a supercell in the county.(bad) I grabbed Emma, the phone and my shoes and headed downstairs to listen on the radio where the tornado was.
I listened to the radio while Emma played ecstatically in her new play area. This was quite the contrast from last week when she screamed almost the entire time we were down there. We stayed for a bit until I heard enough to know it was safe. (once again, this is good!) Emma decided to make up for being so good this time by screaming when we headed back up the steps. (this is frustrating but I can't say bad) *sigh* At this point my fever is coming back and I'm feeling pretty dizzy but Emma has lost her glorious play area and is still screaming. To cheer her up and myself up for that matter I threw a pizza into the oven. (Simple lunch! This is super good!) Long story short (Way too late for that) I tried picking up the hot cookie sheet with my thumb and forefinger and gave myself 2nd degree burns. (Very very bad) I'm chalking my stupidity of grabbing the pan up to my fever.

Okay, I'm chalking up the stupidity of this artwork to my fever too.
So if today was my Yin then tomorrow will definitely be my Yang. Not only will it be Friday but I have a Dr.'s appointment and will get some antibiotics, my Mom is arriving in the afternoon for Elie's birthday, Paul gets home from Chicago on his American Airline plane which hasn't been cancelled AND my sad fingers will feel much better. How do I know that my fingers will feel better tomorrow?
BECAUSE TOMORROW IS MY YANG!
YANG Fuh-tuh-wuh!

2 comments:

Jami said...

Fever, tornado siren, screaming two year old, yah, I would've burnt my whole hand, not just a couple of fingers. I'm sending neosporin thoughts your way and some Aleve. :0) I hope you're feeling better!!!!

And HAPPY 7th BIRTHDAY, ELIE!!!!! We'll be calling you later! And sending a card. Time flew by WAY too fast with my weekend being so busy. I'm sorry, Honey! :0(

All About Paint said...

Ah!! I don't like days like that! They are no fun and basically make me want to run away!! I hope things got better for you and that everyone is happy, safe and sound! Love you tons!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELIE!