Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Me + 6 Kids - Dr. Pepper = 1 Sad Mommy

My crew has doubled this morning and the party has ensued! Woohoo! Although, it never seems to be a party for me. For some reason I get this crazy/happy initiative to do some deep cleaning in the kitchen. I think it's so I can play referee more with Emma (even as I type she's freaking out over something.) I'm a full believer in letting my older kids sort out their problems and listening from the sidelines unless the time comes I need to intervene but with Emma she's still too young. (btw, Emma's freakazoid moment only lasted 3 seconds so I don't feel too bad for continuing to type.)

We've started planning a GREAT activity for September Enrichment. I'm thrilled about it. All the women and young women from our church will be heading over to the Ronald McDonald house and serving in different capacities. (The RM house is where families who have a child in the hospital and they live far away can come stay here for free. The RM house here in LR, AR can hold up to 26 families) So far we have planned to do yoga relaxation session(we have 3 certified instructors in our ward yet I still have never gotten my buttocks over to their workplace), cooking, possibly cleaning if they need it, nail painting and storytelling with the kids, and a quilt set up (if they get back to me with an O.K.). A quilt might sound odd but I know when I was having service done for us when my 1 year old Elie was in the hospital I yearned for a way to reciprocate all the kindness shown to me. It'll all be good. :)

There are a few other things we'll be doing in preparation but I'm excited about it. Service can help you realize what's truly important and how good your life truly is. ;)

Well, I'm off to clean! :)

1 comment:

Jami said...

I love service projects! They always seem to be the activities I remember the most! :0) And go get yourself some DP so you can be happy! I swear they have crack in it or something 'cuz it totally works! HA HA HA. :0)