Over a month ago I started having mouth pain. (This pain is related to a horrible dentist I had in Phoenix and have been repeatedly told I should have taken him to court and reported him to the board but I have had no desire to relive those horrible experiences with his malpracticing ways in a courtroom.) Before I could get into a dentist here I had an emergency trip to California which prolonged my visit to the dentist. Since BEFORE leaving for Cali I've been on painkillers constantly. Once I finally got into my dentist he took one look at me and referred me to an oral surgeon. The oral surgeon couldn't fit me in until this week despite it being an emergency. So my minor surgery was yesterday. (My point being it's been a loooong wait.) I now have cadaver bone inside my sinus cavity grafting with my jaw bone over the next few months in order to place a titanium screw in there.
Elie likes to giggle at how swollen my face is. She tells me I look like I have food or 3 large grapes stuck in my cheeks. :)
The moral of the story kiddos is this all could have been avoided if I wouldn't have watched some morning talk show on tv discussing about how dentists now have tv's in the ceiling for patients to watch. That's when I started calling around to find one without getting a referral from a friend. pfft. At least I now have a great dentist that knows what he's doing and is very patient with my fear of him.
Here's a picture of my new best friend. He's going to be helping me for the next couple days. I think I will nickname him "Perky" the Percocet. The only problem is I now know how drunk people feel. They told me not to drive while taking percocet. I felt fine last night while craving a shake. I didn't feel loopy. I wasn't acting loopy. I just wanted a shake. Some nice coldness inside my swollen mouth. So I went down the stairs, climbed into the van, turned the engine on then made sure I had put my cash into my purse. I put the van in reverse and backed up into the garage door. :( I promptly pulled up, walked upstairs and told Paul I think I better not drive. He was kind enough to not yell at me and go get me a chocolate shake for my swollen fat face.
So another moral of the story is listen to what the doctor tells you to doso you don't have to tell your landlord why there's a ding in the garage door or have to tell your spouse why there's a large gouge in the bumper. :/

2 comments:
Oh, Rustie!!! I'm feeling for your mouth right now! Yuck! :0/
And your "Perky" friend makes me very sleepy. I totally passed out asleep when I took it after my surgery.... So much for the name perky. HA HA. And I stopped taking it because I couldn't go to the bathroom. Either number. Hopefully your body likes it better than mine. ;0) (I'm sure that was totally TMI, but we're sisters. We're cool like that.... I think. HA HA)
Hopefully you'll heal fast!
Mmmmm... a chocolate shake sounds good. :o)
Post a Comment