When there's love at home!"
Did your mom make you sing that hymn when you fought with a sibling? ugh Mine did. It’s an uplifting song but if you have to sing it when you are seething with venom in your eyes for your sister…not so fun.
Today has been one of those days where Elie is just rearin' to start a fight. Poor PJ can't do anything right. It started in the car when PJ was "over the line" on the arm rest. She kept complaining about one thing or the other of what he did all day. I was stuck in the car doing errands so I couldn't even escape. A thought appeared out of nowhere for a brief moment of exasperation to do the one thing I swore as a child I would never do to my kids. I thought of making them sing "Love At Home". I started laughing at my thought. Of course Elie took offense that my laughing out loud was a personal mockery. She started rattling even more and going off on tangents. I was so glad to be close to home.
Things started to finally look up by this evening. PJ & Elie were washing the dishes tonight while I was cooking. I was listening to them chat and joke around. Those are the moments I love.
Emma was up there "cleaning" also but my guess is she was off the bag of pretzels I had just purchased and was doing her best to avoid eating Shepard's Pie which was on tonight's dinner menu.I was happy to have the day end on that note. I much prefer happiness than contention but who doesn't?!

1 comment:
Sibling love is so great, isn't it? Poor PJ. HA HA.
Post a Comment