Monday, August 18, 2008

The Dreadful Grade For Moms with Sons

The grade is fourth. FOURTH grade is the dreadful age when your son no longer wants to hug you in public. It's the age when they start to really worry that your mom is going to embarrass you in front of your peers. I understand. Heck, I still live in that fear sometimes. (I love you Mom!) Luckily I have prepared myself for this day for years. The day when my PJ is no longer the little boy that hugged my leg as he went into kindergarten or clung to my side as we went to his other grades. From now on it'll be the "keep a safe distance from mom to prove I'm older" Paul Jr. Okay, enough of my hum drumminess!
Today school started! Yay! The kids were excited and I tried to be. If you know me you know I hate being alone. Having the kids home is comforting to me even if we are all doing our own thing so I'm a wee bit emotional if you hadn't noticed. (Plus where I had the surgery seems to be getting another infection and tylenol for the pain just doesn't cut it.) Egads! :) Back to the NO HUM DRUMS PLEASE! hehe I swear I'm done feeling sorry for myself. ;)
On to the school pictures! This picture of the girls was taken while driving to school this morning. I wasn't sure how much time we'd have once we got there to take another picture so I tried to click without looking. Turned out ok, don'tcha think?

This one I wasn't so lucky with. I got a nice shot of PJ's book. :D


This one PJ was kind enough to lean down even though
I thought I had it angled up high enough. hehe


The parking was a madhouse so we snuck into the back where the bus drop-off is and we were the first parents to think about it. So here's our 4th and 2nd graders living the simple life in Arkansas.

Here's Emma pointing out the dog on the other side of the street that she

tried to run over to while I was taking the previous picture. Elie sitting outside the classroom until the bell rings.
Here's PJ. I thought I better take a photo BEFORE we got to his class. Good thing I did.

He started giving me his silent "I'm too big for this" attitude. Can you see the "tude" in that grimace? Yeah...Definitely past the hugging in front of friends stage. :)


1 comment:

Jami said...

I hear you on the PJ situation. Brooklin doesn't even want me to get out of the CAR and she's in KINDERGARTEN! This morning she paused as she got out and reminded me to "shut MY door" before she walked away. Yikes. (She sounded nicer than it sounds typed though ;0)) She can still hug me when I pick her up, but that's only for a brief second now and then it's off to being silly and "grown-up". Kole's not-so-far behind, I'm sure. Sigh... I feel for you.

And I'm not sure if it's the backpack cutting it off or if you really did cut Elie's hair. Did I miss that event???? Either way, LOVE the curls! And love Emma's RED hear. I wish you lived closer so we could do play dates with the girls in the morning. Hint, Hint...