Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Cruel and Unjust Punishment


Here's what I consider a cruel joke played by the fates. You hope and hope that the whole family and will have a "snow day". It's like a free pass to get extra sleep, not rush around all frantic trying to get out the door on time and just have a peaceful morning. Well our "Snow/Frozen Rain Day" came true but didn't start off the way I had imagined. No siree. Not this morning. Emma woke up in all chipper at 5:30 and couldn't contain herself. For awhile she continued to spew forth knowledge and wisdom to me, the cat and her sleeping dad the computer. For an even more Emmaesque moment her volume control knob was broken when she was born so everything she is saying is particularly loud. I begrudgingly got up and made my way through the house with her in tow but we ended back in our room where she wanted to play on her computer. I did feel a little better for after she woke up Paul. Whoops. Did I say that outloud? I guess I'm not the suffer in silence type.

No comments: