Saturday, November 1, 2008

What A Happy Halloween!

This was one of the best Halloweens I can remember. We had such a great time.

You can't tell from this picture but PJ is a phantom and Elie and Emma are suppose to be bats. Elie decided at the last minute she wanted to be a sassy black haired vampire so we left the wings off. Emma embraced her inner battiness quite well.
See those cutsie wings? I made those! I also made PJ's costume but that's not so cute and exciting to discuss as Emma's wings. ;)

For the next four pictures I told them to stand as they would if they were their costume character. :)






Every time Emma would say, "Trick or Treat!"
she'd lift her left leg up behind her as to pose for the line.
She loved telling everyone she was a bat.



See Elie's pose? She did this to make sure she looked sassy. In fact, she started telling people at the door she was "a sassy vampire" but it didn't come out sounding good so we had her drop the adjective.
Also do you see the smudges all over her? The black hair spray was just messy and started getting everywhere! It made her look like she should start singing "It's A Hard-knock Life" from Annie. (Try not getting that song stuck in your head now. *wink*


Paul and I had tons of fun just watching the kids run up and down the sidewalks with anticipation of what the next house would bring and yelling "Happy Halloween" to anyone in earshot. I think this will be one of those moments in time that as we get older that we'll miss terribly.

2 comments:

Burrell said...

I love the wings! Way to go, Holly Homemaker! I'm way impressed. And the kids totally looked their parts! I love Halloween.

saskia said...

oh wow, your little girl is so cute and your oldest girl reminds me of you-