Yeah, I know that's not the most creative title but I'm just making the most of my "alone" time while Emma sleeps. :)
This week has been a Crappapalooza for us. Tons o' shtuff goin' on. I'll just give the highlights and try to avoid the mundane.
Monday during family night Emma trips over her own feet, falls and catches her fall with her two front teeth right onto the edge of a child's hard plastic chair. The impact chips the inside left front tooth and bends the right front tooth in. Blood, crying and lots of pain.
Tuesday Go to the Endodontist to fix one of my teeth....again. Take Emma to the dentist to get a pre-check and get a referral to a pediatric dentist. I went to the Ronald McDonald house. Was a wonderful experience. I hope to do more service with them. Then I came home and started getting very sick. :( I thought it was strep throat at first but it's turned out to be a nasty virus.
Wednesday I took Emma to the pediatric dentist. He tells me after xrays that to fix her teeth it'll cost $500.
Thursday Paul and Emma don't feel too great. We spend the evening watching the VP debates. Loved it! I was impressed by both sides for different reasons but am confirmed 100% on my vote.**
Friday Paul and I went at lunch time to register to vote today. Yipee! (Yeah, I know...last minute but at least we care enough to do it. *smile* )
For lunch we ate at Yo Mamma's in downtown LR. My first time there and loved it. Their rolls are bigger than a puff top hoochie momma and oh so yummy.
On the wall was a ENORMOUS coca cola sign. Here's the following conversation after Emma noticed it:
Emma: "Look! Dr. Pepper!"
Paul: "No. It's Coca Cola!"
Emma: "It's Coke coke coke!"
(Okay, it's not as funny to type it out but it sounded pretty funny at the time.)
Now that I'm feeling a bit better I'll try to get back to "the regularly scheduled postings". ;)
**Will discuss presidency opinions in later post.
I found out today after telling someone the name of the diner that it's not called "Yo Momma" but "YOUR Momma". :-> My bad.
Friday, October 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Haha! Puff top hoochie mama. That's funny.
Ok, I guess I'm a little slow,cause I don't know what a puff top hoochie momma is. Maybe someday someone can sit me down and give me that talk.
Where is Yo Mama? I don't think I have heard of it before.
My mom volunteered at the Ronald McDonald house for years before she passed away. She LOVED it! I went there a few times with her. It's an amazing place! I'm so glad there's one close by where you can serve! One of the great things about the Ronald McDonald House is that when you go, it totally puts all your crappapolooza (sp?) in perspective, doesn't it!
i've seen yo momma before and i'm intrigued...especially because someone else has tried it first:) i think i've had the same virus, still not feeling so great and my voice is finally starting to come...sort of!
My mom is getting over that same virus right now! Well, she was last week, but I'm not sure if her voice is back yet..... (Wink)
And that SUCKS about Emma's teeth!!! I'm always freaked out that's going to happen everytime my kids fall and hit their mouth. I hope she's okay. You'll have to update if everything turned out okay. :0)
And that's so funny, I've totally eaten at YOUR MAMA'S! But it wasn't in Little Rock.... It was at your house! Weird.
Post a Comment